Dr. Wei grew up in Princeton Junction, New Jersey. Her interest in science led her to enroll in the premedical curriculum at Rutgers University, where she graduated magna cum laude with a major in biology and a minor in art history. Dr. Wei completed her medical education at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis.
During medical school, she was awarded a research fellowship from the Howard Hughes Medical Institute and spent two years at the National Institutes of Health performing research in tissue engineering. She graduated from medical school in 2007 with a combined M.D./M.A. degree. Following medical school, Dr. Wei completed a comprehensive residency in plastic surgery at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of NJ. While in residency, she took a special interest in cancer reconstruction as well as cosmetic surgery, which she believes go hand in hand. She went on to complete two fellowships, one in reconstructive microsurgery at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, and the second in cosmetic surgery at Lenox Hill Hospital in Manhattan’s Upper East Side.
● Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ B.A. 2000
● Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO M.D./M.A. 2007
● Plastic Surgery, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, NJ 2012
● Reconstructive microsurgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 2013
● Aesthetic Surgery, Lenox Hill Hospital, New York, NY
To schedule an appointment, please call: (206) 292-6200